Friday, November 4, 2011

Week Six: Hope Through the Master

Week Six: Hope Through the Master

Read the account of the blind man found in John 9: 1-38

The Journey:
At times we may find ourselves in moments of darkness. The Lord has offered Himself as a source of hope and light to help us find our way! This week, attempt to analyze through different eyes a situation that perhaps has been troubling you. Then, take a moment to pray that the Savior might touch your eyes so that you will see what you need to do differently to find hope, and feel His light.

Now take some time to write down some of the good things that have brought you hope and have come to you through Christ. How does recognizing these blessings bring you additional feelings of hope and peace?

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful story..with so many things to learn...I love the reminder that He has the power to heal...I love the reminder about how simple His plan is...I love the faith of the blind man to go and do what Jesus told him to....I am grateful for the reminder to not be afraid of what men think...but that only through Jesus Christ can we find the peace, hope and healing we yearn for.
    I have been troubled about my sons' lack of testimony...their life choices. While pondering and praying about how to reach them, I received a sweet feeling of peace and a reminder that we are not to judge. I was reminded how much the Lord loves them. I was reminded of my sons' great hearts, their unwavering love for all their fellowmen, their service to me and their sister, and their desire to be better everyday.
    One of the other situations I have been pondering is the hurt feelings and lack of complete forgiveness for a family and the hurtful things they say and do to someone I care about and our family, their gossiping words that have destroyed our reputation, and their family's lack of desire to have a relationship with this person I care about or our family. As I have continued to pray about how to deal with forgiveness and understanding, I was reminded of the commandment to forgive ALL men, even if they continue the offense, I was reminded that God loves even the sinner, and it doesn't matter what men think, only that we have a clear conscience before God.
    This week I will continue to look for the good in others. I will continue to pray for the strength to forgive and love ALL those around me.

    ReplyDelete