Monday, September 12, 2011

Twenty-one Weeks Nearer to Christ

With life's everyday challenges, it is easy to become discouraged and disillusioned with life. Personally, I've struggled each day to maintain a positive attitude and have hope that tomorrow will be better.
I recently attended a Relief Society meeting where Emily Freeman outlined a plan of 21 days to come closer to Christ. I was inspired and impressed that this could make a positive difference in my life.
Because I believe we learn most from each other and our life's experiences, I have invited each of you, women who have been my examples and my inspiration to share these 21 weeks with me by taking President Thomas Monson's words to heart. "By learning of Him, by believing in Him, by following Him, there is the capacity to become like Him. The countenance can change; the heart can be softened; the step can be quickened; the outlook enhanced. Life becomes what it should become."
We'll follow Emily Freeman's Twenty-one steps to become Nearer to Christ, by reading the scriptures and performing the activity suggested in each week's post. Each woman can record their thoughts in a weekly blog post. Together we can learn from each other and become Women of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment