Sunday, September 25, 2011

Week Two: "Write His Name Upon Your Heart"

Week Two: "Write His Name Upon Your Heart"

Read the account of the Last Supper in John 13: 4-15

The Journey:

As you go through this week ponder the meaning and power promised in our covenants. Think about what it truly means to take Christ's name upon us. Personalize ways we can stand as a witness of him "at all times, and in all things, and in all places".
During this week (and as we go forth) strive to remember Him ALWAYS.

Our journey will introduce to us many different names of the Savior. Each week's goal should contain one name that relates to a scripture story or gospel principle. Take a moment each week to reflect on how each name describes a way that he blesses your life. Perhaps record these thoughts in a journal, or make a list.

1 comment:

  1. I thought about what it means to bear one another's burdens this week...

    I first thought of my burdens, my loneliness...I didn't think this move to Utah would be so hard...I miss my sisters, my extended family, and my sweet friends..For the first time in my life, I've struggled to fit in here, I struggle to know if moving my daughter here was the right thing, even though I know when I prayed that it was right...but how did it turn out so badly?...I fight sadness everyday over losing my mom and the fear of losing my dad anyday. I fear for my children's spiritual safety and the choices they are making...they are my life...I am filled with fear about getting cancer again and having to go through the treatments again.

    If I am able to put on my happy face everyday and mask my burdens, while others remain clueless...how many others are walking around with the burdens of fear and sadness?

    I thought about my struggle daily to bear one another's burdens... at my job working with the disabled population for the State of Utah, my ward family, my daily interactions with all around me, but especially with my family...how do you love, embrace and uplift someone who continues to hurt and put your child in hurtful situations...how do you love and share burdens with someone who won't welcome or embrace your child...how do you love and embrace someone who doesn't want you in their life? These are questions that make my heart heavy...How do I let someone else bear my burdens when I struggle to maintain my pride by keeping my burdens a secret and refusing to let others serve me?

    This week I will work harder to love those who continually hurt my children, I will continue to strive to be a true friend to all those around me and I will try really hard not refuse others acts of service.

    ReplyDelete