Monday, September 12, 2011

Week One: Come to Know Jesus Christ

Week One: Come to Know Jesus Christ

Read the account of the fisherman in Mark 1:16-18 and in John 1:38-39

The Journey:

Take some time to think about what fills your nets, and what you must cast aside to pursue a relationship with Christ. Are everyday challenges such as time constraints, demands from work or home, or feelings of inadequacy or fear holding you back from developing a personal relationship with the Savior?

Try this week to listen for the quiet promptings from the Lord to come and see.

1 comment:

  1. I have been waiting for something profound to post...but alas, nothing. So, I will just share my simple-minded thoughts on this week's assignment. As I thought about what things I needed to cast aside, I realized the very things that kept me from writing this post, are the very things I need to cast aside...distractions, discouragement, and feeling like I have nothing important to offer. As I reflected back on this week's experiences, seeing my children strive to work through life's challenges, attending a viewing and a funeral of Russ's cousin...I was touched. I was a little emotional at the viewing and stepped outside...as I sat there watching the visitors get out of their vehicles, I was overcome with emotion..I watched a man in a suit get out of his SUV, an elderly lady get out of her oldsmobile, a man in leather and a bandana get off his motorcycle, and a family get out of their minivan....This young man, whose poor choices of a decade ago, which led to his untimely death...had turned his life around and reached out to everyone, regardless of their age, background, sex, or religion. He didn't let his feelings of inadequacy, past mistakes, or current financial or health circumstances stop him from reaching out. What an example and lesson to me. Today, I will make a commitment to put aside my fear of offending, being judged, or being rejected to make a better effort to reach out to others as this sweet cousin and ultimately our Savior, Jesus Christ have done.

    ReplyDelete