Monday, October 10, 2011

Week Four: Reach, and Allow Thy Faith to Make Thee Whole

Week Four: Reach, and Allow Thy Faith to Make Thee Whole

Read the account of Jairus in Matthew 9:18-26

The Journey:
Think back on a time in your life that may have been particularly trying; a time when you had to reach for the Savior to find strength beyond your own. Try to remember the process you used as you put your hand out to the Lord. Did you turn to scripture study, more meaningful prayers, or perhaps a period of gratitude and reflection?

Decide this week to reach out to the Savior again. Exercise your faith in Him, and reach to pull Him closer so that you might find a greater outpouring of joy, peace and blessings. Apply one of the principles that has brought you comfort before or seek to employ a new one. Allow your faith to create this bridge to allow the small personal miracles to happen in your own life.

1 comment:

  1. I've always loved this scripture passage...I love the faith this woman had...I love the hope this story gives me that no matter where we are in life...no matter how bad it is...we can be healed...I especially love that Jesus recognized this woman's act of faith...He truly knows and loves each one of his children.
    I waited longer than normal to write my thoughts about this week's assignment, because I kept waiting for some miraculous experience, but then one of my favorite quotes by Albert Einstein came to my mind, "There are only two ways to live your life, One as though nothing is a miracle, and the other as though everything is a miracle."...
    These past few years have brought struggles and trials I never imagined or thought I could face...my Dad's cancer diagnosis, a horrible car accident that left my son with a brain injury, my Mom's cancer diagnosis and death, my own cancer diagnosis, a son's rebelliousness, a brother and nephew's cancer diagnosis, financial worries because of a house that didn't sell, and watching a child's poor choice that led to her being misjudged, betrayed, and hurt..through all of these experiences, I have had daily miracles and tender mercies that have sustained me and have given me strength and hope to keep going.
    I wasn't able to pinpoint one particular thing as the assignment suggested that kept me going...I think it was a combination of constant prayers, fasting often, attending church, weekly temple attendance and service....whenever I was beside myself with grief and worry, I would think of someway I could serve...nothing big but little gifts on doorsteps, calls, letters, etc...Looking beyond my own circumstance to lift someone else always seemed to help.
    How grateful I am for the comfort and peace I can feel through the Spirit. How grateful I am for life's tender mercies and for the hope this gospel brings.

    ReplyDelete